04.05.2017

Bye my big love New Zealand

We're cleared out, fuelled up and already on our way after a wonderful goon-bye dinner on Alita with our friends from SY Kupere. It won't be long until we see them again in Tongatapu, but it will be long until we will come back to NZ. I loved every second im this beautiful country with these lovely people and I am already missing it. But, lots of adventure lying ahead of us and I am really looking forward to Tonga again. It's been almost 3 years...
And it's been 5 years (4 years and 11 months to ne exact) since Marcus and I left the Canaries to sail to Cape Verde. The only passage in all those years that we sailed alone. And now we'll sail this one alone, but we're used to that from sailing around NZ and other inter-island legs. As much as I like guests on this trip I don't mind not having to worry about someone else on a passage. I know we're fine.
We promise to stay away from Cyclone Donna. We'll head out a bit more to the east in the beginning. We just most likely will encounter the swell of up to 4m (12ft). Most cruisers cancelled their trip up, but one left yesterday and a 40ft catamaran will be right behind us, so we're 3 out there...Pls pray for us for a safe passage. I'll keep you updated

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen