22.12.2016

Plätzchen

Seriously, what would you do if finally your boat is ready, all clean, all working, sails are up and you keave the harbour to let the quiet season start? Right, you start (finally) making christmas cookies because it's almost christmas. Ok, and we did fishing the Kiwi way. How? We had to raft up to a Catamaran in front of Whangarei bridge, which is closed in after work traffic hours until 5.30 pm. We started talking to the guy and his family, the typical lovely Kiwi, as you do. Talked about South New Zealand and how lovely the people are and how fishermen always give something to boats cause there are so few of them coming there. Next thing I hear is that he is ind of those Crayfish-fishermen..,We chat a bit more, then I went doenstairs to make my cooking dough. Next thing I know is that he gives us a bag with fresh fileted King Fish, a super specialty, for our dinner. That was so lovely of them. Boy, this fish was GOOD! I had really missed fish in the meantime. Fresh fish. And the trade tradition...
Now I'm back into cruising life - despite baking cookies...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen