28.05.2015

Alita in Minerva Reef north

Almost to the minute 5 days after we left the gas station in Opua we dropped the anchor in North Minerva. A 31kg yellow fin tuna delayed our arrival here for about an hour - the time it took to fight it and get it on board. I think we have food for a week, the boys have enough beer and I am going to bake bread now. All is good. My first action of course was to jump into and swim in the water, which has perfect swimming temperature of 24degrees C. I had forgotten how incredibly clear and blue the water is here. While swimming I looked for the anchor to see if it had good holding. Well, I saw a very small chain and the bow of the anchor. It looked as if it was in 2m deep water so I was wondering why it is so small- until I remembered that we're anchored at 13m!
Yesterday shortly after I set off my message the wind came back, quite strong. So of the 5 days we managed to sail 4 - way better than expected.
We're expecting strong wind and rain this afternoon and night and as of tomorrow afternoon it should be fine. If so, we'll move on to south minerva the day after tomorrow. Talk to you soon!

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen